Spartan Mirror

The Student News Site of Triumph High School

Spartan Mirror

Spartan Mirror

Field Day Fun

Triumph High School Celebrates Another Successful Year

On Friday, May 31, 2024, Triumph High School students and staff took the afternoon to properly close this school year with numerous field day activities. There was a dunk tank with Principal Troy Lake waiting on the platform to be dunked (he spent quite a bit of time rather smugly watching as the thrown balls missed the target, but in the end, he was introduced to the chilly water and spent plenty of time cooling off in the depths of the dunk tank), tug-of-war, flag football, egg cup races, and corn hole, along with volleyball, slime making, and crafting inside to get some respite from what turned out to be a rather strong sun later in the afternoon. Students were able to sample hot dogs, Sno Cones, cotton candy, popcorn and other treats as they transitioned through the different activities and furthered the bond and close atmosphere cultivated among the Spartan students and teachers. Several Spartan graduates from this year came back for the field day festivities, and the day ended at 2:45 with contended Spartans ready for some time to recharge so that next school year can be a success. Principal Lake commented that days like Field Day showcase what Triumph High School can be: a family environment where students and staff treat each other with dignity and respect which ultimately leads to success in and out of the classroom and makes experiences like this even that much more fulfilling.